What better way to celebrate your love + commitment to each other than having an all-inclusive experience that’s a wedding + vacation all in one? Throughout the years, we’ve had the opportunity to plan some of the most magical destination weddings for some amazing couples in places like Costa Rica, Tulum, Puerto Vallarta + Hawaii, and they are always some of the most special wedding weekends because the celebration continues long after the couple says their “I-Do’s”. Most of our destination wedding couples extend their stay for days, even weeks after the wedding day itself, sometimes spending time with friends + family for a few days, then venturing off + doing their own thing together, “honeymoon style”.
In one of our recent blogs, we talked about all the positives of having a small wedding, and the trend nowadays is not only having a small wedding, but a destination one. Going somewhere exotic, far away, and new for your wedding is exciting because but you not only get to experience the luxury of travel, but you also get the special opportunity to start this new chapter of your life in a completely new space to really signify a new beginning + the new adventures you are about to embark on as a married couple.
Here’s a short list of handy tips you can use to make the most of your destination wedding experience:
1. Arrive a week or so early to settle in
2. Leave on a Tuesday or Wednesday for less expensive airfare
3. When possible, visit the location a couple of months before the big day to get a feel for where everything is, like the local grocery store, places to dine, shop, etc. It’s also helpful to start mapping out routes to different places, especially if your guests will be traveling on their own and/or if there’s several components + locations to your wedding weekend
4. Start your honeymoon early + explore! Your hotel, resort or Air BNB should have some recommendations of places to visit, dine + shop
5. Consider hiring a travel agent! Just like hiring a wedding planner can alleviate a lot of stress + make the wedding planning process that much more fun + easy, hiring a travel agent can be just as helpful when it comes to alleviating the stress + narrowing down the options when it comes to planning your wedding experience. Inquire with our Director of Bridal Experience, Alaina at [email protected] to plan yours